~How to make a London fog~

~How to make a London Fog~

It’s finally sweater weather! I love fall, it makes me want to curl up with a blanket, read a book and sip tea. Which is why I thought it would be fun to share one of my favorite fall/winter drinks. An earl grey tea latte, or more commonly known as a London fog. This is something you can order at a coffee shop, but I’m going to teach you how to make it at home. If you don’t have all the ingredients don’t worry! I will suggest substitutes.

Ingredients:

Boiled water.  I hope you have water because I wouldn’t try to substitute it.

Earl grey tea. This tea is what makes it a London fog but, if you don’t have it then you can try another one.

Creamer. I use Oat milk, but whatever your preference is!  We are going to froth it!

Sweetener. You can use sugar, honey, or agave. I recommend honey.

Choice ingredients:

Vanilla extract. You don’t have to add this, but I think it tastes good.

Cinnamon sugar. I literally just mixed sugar and cinnamon. I like to put it on top. It looks fancy. :]

Directions:

Get a mug and put your tea bag in it. Then pour the boiled water. Wait 3 to 4 minutes for the tea to steep.

During the 4 minutes you can start frothing the creamer. Make sure to take the tea bag out after 4 minutes, it tastes better if it hasn’t been left in.

Then, Sweetener. I don’t put a lot of honey, but it depends on how sweet you like your drinks.

Next. Vanilla extract, if you have a 14 oz mug then 1 tbsp but if you have a 10 to 12 oz mug than ½ tbsp.

When your froth is done, pour it into the mug. That’s when I sprinkle the cinnamon sugar on top. You could also drizzle honey on top.  I hope you get a chance to try it!

~Soleil Monet

7 thoughts on “~How to make a London fog~

1. I love that you showed how to make this at home. Early Grey has a bit of a floral taste – do you think that’s why it’s traditional for the London Fog?

1. I agree, it is known for having a floral earthy taste. And I do think that is why it is traditional for the London Fog. I know some coffee shops put lavender in them too.